Distraction at Herrington Head

Morning at Moraine's Tears

( The following is from messages passed between daviswilder and myself, enrolling Ruune Yaru Into the plot)

Ruune Yaru
Lead through his trusty companion Jin, Ruune stumbles upon this village out of the forest. In front of him, looks to be a tavern. Jin leads the way, although there seems to be some commotion going on, Ruune follows his spirit companion not paying attention to his surroundings.

Jin walks straight through the door as if it was not there, Ruune walks right into the door hitting his head. He then opens the door to see Jin in the spirit world letting out a deep sigh.
There seems to be a human sitting at the bar, not paying much attention. jin hops on top of the bar (still transparent) The wood carvings catch Ruunes eye, he shuffles over and inspects them without regard. picking them up and looking. He then shuffles over to the bar, takes a seat and leans towards the human and lets out a very loud awkward HELLO.
ACOG
The young man looks up, a bored look in his eye untill they strech to encompass the strange beeing before him.
" Oh gods!!" he squeaks, turns and runs into the back room yelling " Hilbert I think they are attack the inn. Jin gives you his mischievous foxy grin and follows the distressed human, meanwhile the foot steps return front he back room. A new human has emerged older and wiser in the world he looks at you and says to young human cowering " Fadren you ever see a damn goblin that tall?" The younger human deflates and calms, but the older ma known as Hilbert seems to be carrying a great burden. From between his legs Jin returns beckoning you urgently into the storeroom.
Ruune Yaru
Ruune sees Jin beckoning him and takes a deep long look at the grey haired human.
“Insight check, (3+9 =12)*
Ruune notices the human is being genuine. He then walks toward the human not paying much attention to him, not saying a word and slinking by him to the back room. Fadren opens his mouth as if to detest and Hilbert hushes him before he can get a word out.

Jin is standing over the what seems to be a large dark female bleeding on the floor.
Perception Check 7+9=16**
Ruune notices a Holy Symbol next to the bleeding woman.
He looks to the older human and says “you are a god healer?”
Hilbert speaks, " i used to be, long ago. i’m afraid i am not as powerful as i once was."
Jin jumps in the air and circles the body of this large woman, beckoning ruune for aid. He crouches over her puts his hand on her head and caresses his ornate bone necklace, chanting quietly. (using his Speak with spirits power 4 on checks)
A light spirit appears behind Ruune only he can see. It looks to be half goat half human that only Ruune can see. She leans down and puts her hand on her head along side his and begins chanting.
**heal check 2
9+4=15**

ACOG
Your mind loses all peripheral thoughts as you assess the injured woman. Your training in the healing arts augmented by the whispers of the spirits weave a tapestry of pain and injury that you are finding difficult to unravel. Like you this woman is of nature’s children, her spirit glows with the hidden charms of Moraines graces. She is a Goliath and the axe wounds and snapped crossbow bolts would of caused her little injury, but there is another vector here. Even now a sticky caustic substance that eats at her flesh. Floating over all of this in the ethereal is a conversation, a angry almost forgotten god of the earth confronting the faithless cleric, she is Moraine, old mother earth, and she requires umbrage in return for restoration and health. She now feels your presence, and turns her eye; You gather you skills may be unwanted in this home.
(Diplomacy check; can be assisted by a DC 20 Insight check)
Ruune Yaru
Mystified from the corrosive substance claiming the Goliath, he turns his attention to the argument that ensues.
As the spirit of Moraine focuses on a confused Ruune..
Insight check 15+9=24

  • Diplomacy Check 7 -1 +2 =8**
    He can tell the spirit seems very vengeful, and sincere, so much so that Jin herself is still and quiet. Rune attempts to find words to speak to this spirit or god, he moves his mouth but nothing comes out before the spirit interrupts.
    “These were being sewn long before you arrived, shaman”

In quiet the hurry Ruune exits the room in a timely but flustered fashion.
As he leaves the room it dawns on him that he had forgot Jin. He shuffles back in to see Jin staring at the conversation still ensuing. He clicks his tongue to the bottom of his mouth two times, Jin snaps out of her daze and starts to exit the room. The spirit looks directly at Ruune, “Good luck on your Proving, shaman. You will need it if she is your companion. I do not know why the spirits chose her for you, pity… Goodbye, Jin”

Jin exits the door to the Pub/inn, Ruune this time walks to the door and a look of surprise strikes his face it seems he has remembered to open the door before walking into it. Both Shaman and spirit are out side of the pub, staring into
the open night. They walk across the road into field, Ruune forages and builds a fire to last the eve. They both settle down to sleep, but they still haven’t said much more than a word to each other. Both of them attempting to understand what exactly the spirit meant.
ACOG
As you drift off to sleep you almost immediately fall into the dreaming. You find yourself running through a field, on all fours. You search, sniffing from place to place trying to find a good thing to eat. Above you the sky seems darkened and threatening; you do not wish to stay in this field. Around a small hedge you find the opening to a abandoned fox’s den, and you descend into the darkness of the earth, (at this you almost wake, but Jin hums into your ear “you must watch”) the den is deeper and longer than any you have known, but still your press inwards, trying to put more earth between you and the sky. You are moving quickly through the tunnels, when the earth gives way. Tumbling you find your self in a large circular room. This room has many different points of entry and exit along the sides. In the middle is a shrine, it is a crude statue of a pregnant woman, in her arms is a bundle of wheat; a sickle lies at her side. She has no head, the sculptor didn’t even appear to attempt one, the torso ends at the top with a neck. From inside the shrine you begin to hear a sobbing, you press closer and the sobbing becomes a wailing. This frightens you and you begin to panic, turning to look for an exit, the wailing becomes a scream. You run towards the nearest tunnel
A voice slams into your mind “They are returning, and you can do nothing, I can do nothing, I am no longer despaired”
From the tunnel in front of you comes a rushing noise, and you find yourself engulfed in a wall of blood. Your are carried, tumbling, through the tunnels, until you spill out into a river. The river flows with such force that you cast out far, far to sea. You float staring at the sky. Constellations you know shift, and disappear, new stars now dazzle your eyes. Suddenly you find yourself washed up on a strange shore. A new day’s sun emerges. You gaze up towards to the sun to see a large lizard perched upon a humongous stone building, its neck, which is very long, cranes towards you. Feathers surround its head and its eyes are cold and hungry upon you. It roars and lightning streaks from the corners of its mouth.
You sit up awake, it is still dark, and the fire is now but embers. You can smell that the sun will soon rise. Jin weaves its self between your legs.
“She is quite mad, we cannot let her stop us from helping” he gestures with his muzzle back towards the village.
You quickly gather yourself. Take a moment’s mediation and then stride into Herrington Head with speed and purpose. You rush through the inn, no one is in the main room, your path to the back room is clear. Entering you find Hilbert in the same pose as before, his prayers a mere muttering between old tears. The Goliath lies before you, the last moments of life fleeting, above her you can see the vengeful shard of Moraine, It rages at you’re your renewed efforts. Ignoring her you place your hands upon the woman, and begin a healing chant.
(Roll for initiative)

Comments

Acog

I'm sorry, but we no longer support this web browser. Please upgrade your browser or install Chrome or Firefox to enjoy the full functionality of this site.